Sunday, September 25, 2022

Rebooting

Every week after church, I find my sermon notes sheet filled with stuff. Some of it relates directly to the sermon; some spins off indirectly from there. Some ideas are inspired by song lyrics, and others are seemingly at random. But there they are, myriad ideas that lay on a page, most of which will collect dust until they finally end up in a trash bin.

It's been quite a long time since I posted anything here. I've often let the perfect be the enemy of the good, and the work of a well-refined essay has daunted me, obstructing me from posting anything at all. I'd like to get to the really good, but I have to start somewhere, and I've been told that anything worth doing is worth doing poorly (at least to get started). 

So for now, I'm going to be posting these jottings, and maybe expand on one or two in long-form if I feel up to it. Maybe they'll help someone else reading here, if anyone notices. But at least this'll be a step in the right direction for me, and maybe in time, by God's grace, some good will come from it. Either way, here we go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home